Wireless Laser Mouse, Notebook Optical Mouse: Microsoft, Logitech, 25-40% OFF

Wireless Mouse, Notebook Optical Mouse: Microsoft, Logitech, 25-40% OFF





Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 - Slate
Save: $8.86 (30%)


Review: CCUser "RootRootRoot" (Southern California, USA)
Having purchased a laptop, I immediately wanted a mouse that could easily travel with me and not be connected by a wire. So, I purchased the MS Wireless 3000.

With XP Media edition installed, the mouse was easily recognized by the system once I plugged in the included USB transmitter/connector. Terrific! Adjusting the settings was easy using the control panel too, no different than any other mouse.

The signal from mouse to transmitter, or visa versa, is magnificent. Not that I would use the wireless mouse anywhere further than a few inches from the laptop, I took the mouse across the room and scrolled it across the textured walls of the hotel I was staying. The signal was still strong and I was able to navigate the entire screen from nearly 15 feet away from the laptop. Not practical, of course, but a nice example showing that if you have a lot of items stacked around the laptop, you'll be sure to have a strong signal to to maintain uninterrupted mouse functions (my only question would be if each unit on the market has a unique signal -- I wonder if someone else owned the same mouse while we were, say, in a coffee shop somewhere, if there would transmitter conflicts).

The cons I could come up with were two, and these are purely subjective. First, if you accidentally knock the USB tranmitter connector, you might lose signal temporarily causing the mouse performance to stagger a bit until the system recognizes the mouse again. The second is the middle wheel button on the mouse. Works great, and rolls well, but when rolling, the graduated clicks of each turn are a little less fluid than, say, the full size Microsoft wireless mouse I also own. Again, purely a subjective comment -- the wheel and the mouse work perfectly.





Microsoft Wireless Notebook Mouse 3000 - Winter Blue
Save: $10.96 (37%)


Review: Amanda Vessey (Terre Haute, IN)
I bought this item to use at school with my laptop.

Pros:
~ Size - it will fit in your backpack or pocket without a problem.
~ Easy to use - no downloading/installing necessary, just plug it in!
~ Receiver - snaps right into the bottom of the mouse so you'll never lose it! Also you can rotate a piece on the receiver to align it with the level of the mouse.
~ Battery life - I've had it for over a year and have only changed the battery once.
~ Cordless - I've used it many times when making powerpoint presentations, it's very handy to walk around with and just click and move on!
~ Durable - someone else mentioned that they wish it had a carrying case, I definitely disagree. This mouse doesn't need one! I've dropped it several times--once so hard that the top panel and the battery popped out--but it worked fine when I put everything back in its place.

Cons:
~ Connection - it's not a very strong connection between the mouse and receiver, I've found that if the mouse doesn't have a direct line of sight to the receiver, it sometimes doesn't work.
~ Random behavior - a few times when I plugged the receiver in the mouse didn't connect. All I did was unplug and replug it and it worked fine though.
~ Size - some people with larger hands may find that's it's too tiny and uncomfortable to use. I suggest going to Best Buy or somewhere else to feel the different mice before purchasing them.
- The USB receiver is a bit flimsy. It was designed to pivot in case you need better reception, but I always thought it looked like a weak point. After 1 year, I have found that to be true. The receiver now has a weak connection due to the swivel point and if I bump it, the light flickers due to the bad connection and the mouse stops responding. I have to unplug it and put it back in to fix it.





Logitech VX Nano Cordless Laser Mouse for Notebooks (Black)
Save: $15.97 (23%)


Review: Bobby1st (DE USA)
The nano is cute for medium to short fingers and it works well. If you can hold a basketball with palms facing down, this would be a stretch to work with those fingers. That's why it's a nano, dah! The transmitter as advertised is small, insert and forget, that's the beauty of having this. It comes with a nice pouch for transporting but can easily misplaced when not in use. The transmitter can be park within the mice and easily fit in your pocket to make a point on its size. It also comes with a usb extension. I use it on another laptop where the usb is located at the back and I am right handed. For some reason the back and left usb location does not work perfectly all the time on my vx610 but now with the extension, perfect.

I gave it a four stars for these reasons. The buttons location for the back and forward can't be inter-change, it's fixed. Since we often use the back button on web page, it is awkward to use. You have to release your grip on the mice to conveniently enable to press. The nano is comparable with the vx610 in price so I compared the two. The vx610 is medium size and have many functions with the ability to customize most primary buttons and fit the hand well.

Don't get me wrong, I like it, I'm use to it and because I have another choice. Except for the nano's small transmitter, I believe the mice is pretty basic and comparable to many medium price wireless mice. After all I have said, it's for keep. It comes down to preference.

Top Reviews